Meru’s revolutionary Inertia Dampening System(IDS) has changed how Frontal Head Restraint(FHR)manufacturers will design their restraints moving forward and will push safety organizations to rewrite current safety standards. The old thought process of leaving concussion prevention to the helmets needs to change, and Meru wants to push concussion prevention to the forefront.A CLIMB TOWARDS CONCUSSION PREVENTION.
- IDS controls the head's entire movement forward in an impact
- IDS slows down the stop in an impact
- IDS reduces both linear and angular acceleration
- IDS has speed sensitive valving to ensure both driver comfort and safety
- IDS reduces both concussion causing forces and upper neck tension
- IDS can withstand thousands of impacts
- In a 70G impact IDS reduces the force through the head on the Z axis to 53G’s